Top 10 Ways to Get Value From Your Membership
1. Exhibit at the Annual Conference
As an Exhibitor at the Illinois ASBO Annual Conference each spring, you gain exposure for your company and access to over 500 decision makers at the year’s largest gathering of school business officials. Exhibit at the Annual Conference>
2. Network at the Conference
At the Conference, there are many opportunities beyond the Exhibit Hall to connect with school business officials. Relationships are formed in a relaxed atmosphere and social setting at networking events, so be sure to stay and participate after the Exhibit Hall doors close.
3. Become a Foundation Partner
This is the big leagues now buster. Find Out How to Become a Foundation Partner Today>
4. Take Part in a Professional Development Committee (PDC)
Illinois ASBO encourages Service Associates to participate in the professional development of its members. With 17 committees to choose from, everyone should be able to find a PDC that allows you to share your expertise. Participation can also lead to speaking opportunities that will help you establish yourself as an expert in your field.
5. Attend Other Affiliated Conferences in the Fall
Fall provides several opportunities to re-connect with individuals you met at the Annual Conference:
- The Midwest Facilities Masters Conference is held in Wisconsin and is a wonderful time to connect with school facilities managers. Learn More>
- ASBO International hosts their Annual Meeting and Expo each fall in locations across the U.S.
and is a chance to connect to a broader audience. Learn More>
- In November, don’t miss miss your chance to exhibit at the IASB/IASA/IASBO Joint Annual Conference downtown Chicago. Learn More>
6. Attend Regional Organization Meetings
There are 21 Regional Organizations that meet in locations throughout the state. These meetings are a great opportunity to network in a smaller setting and provide value to members.
Learn More About Regional Organizations>
7. Learn About the Industry
As a member, there are many opportunities throughout the year for Service Associates to learn about issues that are affecting SBO’s. Whether it is:
- Reading UPDATE Magazine
- Watching for and following Legislative updates
- Participating in the peer2peer online member community
- Attending sessions at the Annual Conference
It is important to stay on top of “hot topics” so that you can provide support and better relate to the school business officials you connect with.
8. Attend Events Geared Towards Service Associates
At least twice a year, the SAAC hosts seminars specifically for Service Associate members. These events are a great way to network with other Service Associates, learn about how to get more involved with Illinois ASBO and stay up to date on the state of the association and issues affecting school business.
9. Take advantage of Advertising Opportunities
Watch for opportunities to advertise in publications such as the printed Buyer’s Guide and the Journal of School Business Management – more opportunities to increase your company’s visibility. 10. Earn points for your participation through the GAINS program.
10. Illinois Service Associate Gains Program
Many of the opportunities we discussed can earn you points in the GAINS Service Associate rewards program. The more you participate, the more points you earn toward rewards such as priority Conference registration, a booth upgrade or even free registration of an additional person in your booth! Learn More About the GAINS Program>